Monday 25 April 2016

Play List: Jeremy Wong

What I’m listening to: my recent favourite tracks are all guitar songs, anything that makes me grab my guitar and play and sing in my room. A Step You Can’t Take Back from the film Begin Again is my top jam right now, and I’ve always loved Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton, Fast Car by Tracy Chapman, Wonderwall by Oasis and Wherever You Will Go by The Calling. My favourite Hong Kong singer is Eason Chan and my favourite band would be either Coldplay or Green Day, depending on my mood. I hate K-pop – I don’t know why it’s so popular in Hong Kong.

What I’m reading: The Rules of Life by Richard Templar, which is very inspiring. As a model, I need to know what’s happening in Hong Kong fashion, so I read Prestige HK, Men’s Uno and Esquire. Fashion magazines are littered all over my room. I don’t really have a favourite writer; it just depends on what I’m interested in at the time, whether it’s psychology, philosophy or history.

What I’m watching: my favourite TV show is Family Guy. I love cartoons. I’m also a big fan of The Avengers. My favourite movie of all time is the 1971 Oscar winner, Love Story, starring Ryan O’Neal and Ali MacGraw.

What artists I’m following: can I say Eminem is my favourite artist? He is so talented and his lyrics are amazing. His wordplay is just too cool. I used to be obsessed with Michael Jackson and everything he did in the early days before it all got tragic. And the general, weird coolness of LMFAO. Not just their party songs and catchy tracks, but what they get up to themselves.

Where I’m surfing: Instagram is important to me. I’m amazed at the number of followers I have and the number is constantly growing. I update it daily. It was great when I was promoting my book G.Y.M. Get Yourself Moving (a fitness book). I shop online a lot, so Hypebeast, Mr Porter, Asos, End Clothing and Ssense are on top of my history list.

As told to P. Ramakrishnan
Portraits by Lim Tse Wei - 林子伟

No comments:

Post a Comment