Wednesday 6 April 2011

My Kind of Town


Some of the world's mot in-demand models name their favourite hot spots.

HAWAII

Hong Kong based Joceyn Luko, 25, is one of Asia's Top Models and has graced many a magazine cover and beauty campaign.

First thing I do in Hawaii is ... eat a huge breakfast with my family. Most of the flights from Asia land early morning, so everyone comes to pick my husband Anthony and I up, and we head to our favourite restaurant Anna Millers. Eggs benedict, fresh fruit juice, Hawaiian/Portuguese sausage, the works.

You will find me on... the beach. It's all beautiful, postcard beaches. There's a beach for surfing, another for body boarding, another for kayaking. I've been lucky to never meet any sharks, and I've been fortunate to swim with sea turtles and see dolphins.

Best beach? Sunset Beach on the North Shore. That's where I got married!

Best for drinks? Mai Tai. It's got great live music. The other place is Duke's bar on the beach. You can see the most glorious sunset, with a drink in your hand.

Best for dinner? Orchids at Halekulani hotel. It's right on the water, it's where I took my parents for their anniversary.

Best market? Watanabe florist - it's famous. It has the most exotic flowers.

In Hawaii I usually wear... flip-flops, shorts, sunglasses, T-shirt; very casual and comfortable. Even sneakers feel weird. It's warm in Hawaii but not humid.

Fragrance that most reminds me of Hawaii is... plumeria flowers (also called Frangipani).

If you want to feel like a real Hawaiian... have a barbecue on the beach. Roasting marshmallows on the beach and eating Smores (roasted marshmallow with chocolate between crackers) is a must.

Best for gifts? Any souvenirs, like flowers, chocolate-covered macadamia nuts, and Kona coffee.

In Hawaii I always stock up on... Hawaiian salt. It's a sweet-salty thing - I've never tasted anything similar to it anywhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment