Wednesday 8 December 2010

Q&A: Deborah Simms: A Hong Kong icon of health and fitness


Deborah Simms, 37, body beautician, sculpts some answers for P.Ramakrishnan

Q: Favourite bar/club?
Deborah Simms: I don't go clubbing that much, I love to dance but I'm not going to bars. My regular hang outs in the evening are either the office or my home.

Q: Favourite drink?
DS: Right now, I drink a lot of cranberry juice Alcoholic dink? I like my champagne.

Q: What are you listening to?
DS: I'm into New Age music - Ton O'Connor, Enigma, that sort of stuff. I like pop music and I like tunes I can dance to.

Q: Favourite restaurant?
DS: Right now it's Thai Basil in Pacific Place. It's not just Thai food, it's pan-Asian.

Q: Can you cook?
DS: I'm sure if I tried I'd be able to do it - I just don't have time to cook.

Q: What's your fantasy night out?
DS: Lots of dancing. From the time I go out to the time I get home, loads of dancing.

Q: How much does a night out cost you?
DS: It depends where I go. If I go out for dinner and drinks, it can be anywhere from HK$3000-$5000.

Q: Is Hong Kong a 24-hour city?
DS: Definitely. At 2am, if I feel like dancing, I can head out to Lan Kwai Fong or, if I want to eat, I'd head out to Causeway Bay. There are so many places open in Causeway Bay late at night.

Q: Favourite movie?
DS: Recently, the Mel Gibson movie What Women Want. I thought it was really good. Bascally I don't have time to watch movies, but when I do, it's usually a Hollywood movie. I saw Rush Hour 2 and I thought Jackie Chan did a really good job with Chris whatshisname. [Tucker!].

Q: Favourite movie stars?
DS: I like to watch Richard Gere and Keanu Reeves. They haven't done anything recently that's been good but I like watching them all the same.

Q: Where do you like to shop in Hong Kong?
DS: Pacific Plae - D&G, Dior, Celine... all my favourites are there.

Q: Favourite outfit?
DS: Any of my D&G clothes fit the bill. I don't sully wear jeans but recently I got a pair from D&G and I wear them a lot more than usual.

Q: What can't you say no to?
DS: My kids. Also, I can't say no to Haagen-Dazs.

Q: Who are your heroes?
DS: Mother Teresa and Princess Diana. They believed in what they did and went for it. They didn't hesitate. They didn't let obstacles get in the way of their vision. I follow that philosophy as well. I believe in what I can do and I go for it. My company was launched in 1996 and I'm very happy with my decision. So far, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment