Monday 8 May 2017

First Person: My column in Prestige Hong Kong

One of the great pleasures of the gig at Prestige Hong Kong is the column First Person.

We launched this a year ago as we buried instaglam - a logistic headache to curate - and replaced it with this snap and chat. It's been a genuine thrill to talk to and do the portraiture of the bright young sparks that illuminate Hong Kong society in their own unique way.

In no particular order, I've had the pleasure of spending a day with these fine folks, get to know them a little better and figure out what makes them tick; Harris Chan, Pearl Shek, Ning Lau, Kayla Wong, Arthur de Villepin, Pirate! (Tanya B), Jess Jann (new bff!), Mayao, Payal Shah, Orlando Ho and most recently, Lucia Tate Tolani.

You can read up on all of them at PrestigeOnline.





Now even I, with the size of my (alter-) ego, am fully aware, the reason this column has been such a big hit is because of the two people I collaborate with the most; photographers Olivier Yoan and Dino Busch (and on occasion Ruby Law). 

The 20-something talents have helped me raise my game - the words have had to measure up to their picture perfect portraits.  It has led to so many rewrites and edits. I'll change my words, but won't snip their pic to make room for the verbal calisthenics I like to exercise. See what I did there?! yeah.

I bitterly resent the fact they no longer live in the 'Kong and I juggle my timetable incessantly to suit their mercurial jet-setting ones. 

My most frequent collaborators; Olivier Yoan, Dino Busch. 


Behind the scenes - and camera, Olivier Yoan

Behind the scenes - and camera, Dino Busch

No comments:

Post a Comment