Friday 24 June 2011

Christian Dior in Mumbai



Images from the opening of Christian Dior in Mumbai (Nov 2010), an extravagant, star-studded night that will remain etched in my brain for years to come. I can foretell that I'll annoy generations with anecdotes from that night, what I saw, what I heard, what I felt.

Pics from the night from my crappy cam. Everything was a blur - let's pretend the camera was getting progressively drunk as the images go from clear to intoxicatedly fuzzy as you scroll down.

Of the few clearly shot pics, special thanks to the gorgeous, gorgeous Anaita Shroff Adajania, stylist and Goddess-in-my-eye, for being so kind and lovely. Was feeling way too ridiculously shy to get a snap with Deepika Padukone, who sort of took my breath away, but the lovely Anaita saw how blubbery I was and said, 'Would you like me to take the pic?' With a grateful heave and sigh of relief, gave her my cam and she snapped away. Need I say I lurv her?!

Pics of actress (and Big Brother winner) Shilpa Shetty, Amrita Arora (the younger sister of the much hotter Malaika Arora, who was also there and looking crazy hot as always but couldn't get a pic of her as she was mingling), the amazonian and ridiculously beautiful Deepika Padukone (who was also very sweet in person), the lovely Madhoo (Roja fame and niece of B'wood Dream Girl Hema Malini), ravishing Raveena Tandon (who was so funny in person and looks naturally beautiful), Indian designer to the stars Narendra Kumar Ahmed (who's a friend and the best freakin' designer in all of Asia), former Miss Universe turned actress Sushmita Sen (sen-sational indeed), model turned actor Dino Morea (one of the best dressed guys of the night - and we think he was wearing Narendra Kumar Ahmed suit), actor Sanjay Kapoor, newcomer and former supermodel Monikangana Dutta (who made her first guest appearance in the critically acclaimed flop Guzaarish)... Oh 'twas a starry, starry night...



My feature. TBC.




















As reported by the Indian Press:
Bombay Times



No comments:

Post a Comment