Tuesday 22 March 2011

Aliya with a Z: Behind the scenes of a shoot for Style magazine: Olaf Mueller, Aliya Zaidi, Karen Yiu. Dream team

Coming soon... 

Perhaps the only good thing to come out of the trauma of the now-defunct Prive Asia, an implosion predicted by few, seen by many, was that I got to meet the bril Aliya Zaidi. 

Was thrilled when a leading fashion mag asked me to write a feature and do a shoot with her. Frantic calls were made, got together with my bud Olaf Mueller (who does all my cover shoots) and his team, the awesomeness that is Karen Yiu, and my kiddo Angie U to help out. 

Then, got on phone with some serious diamond peeps - Cartier, Van Cleef & Arpel and Graff - and wardrobe from Versace, Lane Crawford, Armani for a day-long shoot. Threw in some clothes from Aliya's own wardrobe too. 

Results to appear in a special issue of the magazine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment