Thursday 8 July 2010

fantastic



For folks in the mag biz, a publication that promotes creativity and isn't hankered down by the demands of fickle newsstand sales, is manna.

I had heard of the e-zine a long time ago, friends who are models and stylists have recommended it, been part of it and asked me to contribute. A great site that's seen by a lot of fine folks who work in the industry.

Unique, with amazing layouts, very creative, very stylish, very... dare-I-say fun? It does seem like the biz is increasingly becoming un-fun as the pressures seem to sky rocket...

Anyhoo, while I was between gigs, I finally got the chance to shoot for fantastics mag. An online publication that's showcased the works of great talents in the media/artistic/creative/photographic/stylistic/fashionable field. Am I repeating myself? Si. But I'm so freakin' excited its finally up!!

I've been grinning ear-to-ear after seeing the shoot online.

Entire series at http://www.fantasticsmag.com/node/3362


First of hopefully many shoots to come.



Making of shoot...


Worked with the amazing talent that is ze French photographer Laurent Segretier. After having worked with a more than a few divas, this was the most chill-axed shoot I've ever done. Mostly 'cause it was done in my living room that doubled as a studio (budgets are tight/non-existent these days! sigh...).

Jonny R, a friend of a friend, posed for the first time ever. I thought he appeared nervous as heck during the long shoot but he later rang to say he had loads of fun and is up for doing it again. Bless. Man hoovers through pizzas and still looks like that. ugh. Folly of youth.

Making young Mr Rees laugh & relax throughout the shoot was part of my gig, which was easy to do ('cause I'm like well funny innit). I'm usually wary of working with newcomers but we had a fun day of munching junk food, drinking, watching random rubbish on tele and shooting in between. Nearly all the 'making of' shots are us laughing. Considering how saucy some of the final images are, you'd never guess.

A lot of the wardrobe and accessories we had were meant for stick figure giants that clomp on catwalks. As the young Mr Rees isn't molded in that frame, Laurent and I catered and styled the shoot according to his ridonculous physique. As a pro rugby player and (former?) professional trainer, the man is a tank. But the nicest one in the horizon.


















I should really do some bicep curls that don't involve shoving cupcakes from plate to mouth...






THE RANDOM VIEW












Photography and Art Direction: Laurent S
Model: Jonny R

Produced by P.Ramakrishnan














Wardrobe credits:


Pic 1
T-shirt by Lane Crawford

Pic 2
Fabric from Shanghai Tang, Boxer-briefs by Calvin Klein

Pic 3
Black and white striped Shirt by Lane Crawford, swimsuit by Dior Homme, socks by Moschino.


Pic 4
Swimsuit by Dior Homme, socks by Moschino.

Pic 5
Jeans by Calvin klein

No comments:

Post a Comment