Thursday 31 May 2012

PLAY LIST DJ Sharooz, Electronic Music Arist

What I’m listening to: mainly Oliver on French label Kitsune, Surrender on La Bombe and, for straight-up dance music, Sebastien Leger’s production is second to none. I can’t get enough of his style.

What I’m reading: Philip K. Dick’s We Can Remember it For You Wholesale, which I picked up in a second-hand bookstore in California. The film Total Recall is based on it. Dick has a bizarre and vivid imagination, which I find fascinating.

What I’m watching: I don’t watch TV but love films. My favourite from the past two years has to be Enter the Void, directed by Gaspar Noe. It’s extreme and hard to watch, but amazingly well shot using a lot of overhead photography. I love the Coen brothers too.

What artists I’m following: sixpack.fr has an amazing selection of prints from artists such as Akroe, who is a personal favourite. I also like the work of John Gilsenan, who does sleeves for La Bombe and Buzzin’ Fly.

Where I’m surfing: mostly guardian.co.uk and bbc.co.uk. Both are a great source of independent news in the absence of a TV. And vice.com occasionally still shows good documentaries, but their narrative style tends to grate after a while. Of course, I waste too
much time on Twitter as well.

(As told to P. Ramakrishnan)
DJ Sharooz performs at Central nightclub Drop on June 9

No comments:

Post a Comment