Monday 20 September 2010

Tom and John woo Hong Kong: Press conference in Hong Kong with Tom Cruise, John Woo: SCMP,


One of my earliest celebrity assignments... maybe even my first, while I was in HKU, had to do a write up on the Tom Cruise/John Woo press conference as they did the media route across Asia.

Tom Cruise flew in on his own jet, which he piloted and the press conference at The Peninsula was intense. Tom and John were the only two people on stage (and Winnie Chung on the side translating) and over 120 media reps in the audience. Basically anyone with a press badge - that of course included me. Was writing for South China Morning Post's official entertainment site and had to file the feature within hours. Didn't have the luxury of weeks like the magazine scribes. 'Twas fun and got a kick out being published.

I still get a kick out of my title - the fact that it got got approved and went to print.

Ah to be young and restless again...

No comments:

Post a Comment