Monday 17 December 2018

My Exclusive Chat with Timmy Xu


Idol Chat

The star attraction at the Roberto Cavalli pop-up store at Harbour City was indubitably Timmy Xu. At age 24, the young and stylish lad has a huge fan-following and the singer/songwriter and actor (his television show, aptly titled, Addicted, was a ratings bonanza across China) is followed keenly by purveyors of fashion. 

Had a quick Q&A with the popular actor/singer;

You’ve been dressed by Roberto Cavalli for the occasion, tell us about your look.
I love it. I like to dress in contrast colours, like today, what I’m wearing is very sharp and smart. I like the animal print. It looks good!

What are your favourite accessories?
I’m sporty – so I really like my sneakers and shoes so this event is very much my kind of event! I love sports shoes, I like the bright colours and patterns. You’ll usually find me in sportswear and sports-gear.

What are you working on currently?
I’m working on a film project. We are shooting in studios in Shenzhen – it’s a drama called Ping Pong and I play a table tennis player! It’s really a celebratory kind of film, we’re looking at the time when the Olympics were held in Beijing. Even off set, I enjoy playing table tennis. I fit the part perfectly!

You’ve performed all around Asia. What’s been your favourite arena or venue?
I can’t really pick one location, I like going to different places each time, different countries, meet different fans n every country. I like to observe its culture and learn about it. I love that part of travel, love to experience places I’ve never been to before.

What’s been your best – or even craziest! – fan encounter?
When I’m performing during a concert, when I’m singing and the fans participate, that’s an amazing feeling. When they sing along or when they put their lighter or flashlight on from their phone – I get chills! It’s very touching. The best moments are really when we all sing together.

In 2019, what are you looking forward to – apart from the film?
Apart from the film Ping Pong, I’ve got a TV series in the works, another romantic drama coming up. And also, if all goes well, another big movie coming, with a big Hong Kong director. I can’t talk about it yet but I really hope it works out! 


For more -  grab the January issue of Prestige Hong Kong


-->

No comments:

Post a Comment