Tuesday 3 June 2014

Sonam Kapoor rocks the cover of PRESTIGE Hong Kong

In some small measure - and I do mean small - I had the utter joy of working behind the scenes of this sensational cover shoot and interview with Bollywood fashionista Sonam Kapoor, for PRESTIGE, Hong Kong.

Over the year, I had been in touch with one of my fav film scribes Meera Joshi (who has written often about my fav subject in the world: Sridevi!) who did the Q&A in Mumbai.

I had seen and stalked Anushka Menon for her exquisite portraiture. Originally, I was in touch with Ms Menon (of Kerala origin but more of a New Yorker methinks) to invite her to do cover shoot of Galaxy magazine but logistics were tough. Glad we stayed in touch as when the editor of PRESTIGE Hong Kong, the inimitable Jon Wall, and I had a chat over getting a Bollywood star on the cover for the first time in the magazine's history, I knew one gal in India would and could deliver a great shoot of international standards. And boy, did she deliver!

For the cover, I had three superstar names in mind to pitch Jon Wall (I cannot emphasize enough the importance of Mr Wall in this, who had the original brainwave to go beyond borders for an exquisite  cover girl); Aishwarya Rai (but of course), the current sensation Deepika Padukone and B'wood's overwhelming fashionista Sonam Kapoor.

When Ms Kapoor was in Hong Kong for a Dior event, she sealed the deal. She was so charming, so gracious and so gorgeous in person, she floored the folks she met here (including Vincenzo La Torre, Prestige mag's Deputy Editor and notable HK fashion writer Divia Harileila - who didn't know who she was, but said she was lovely!).

And her innate fashion sense and Cannes-do appeal (- more on that later), she was 'the' one for the cover. There's an immense likability factor to Ms Kapoor and to top it all, the gorgeousness factor.

Not just because I'm Indian and a Bollywood-ite to the core, but its the best damn cover the mag's had in years; and that's saying something considering how stronge PRESTIGE mag's covers usually are...


Out in newsstands in HK now! Pick up!! NOW!

Rama

No comments:

Post a Comment