Tuesday 6 October 2009

Time for Beauty



Bedazzling! This season is all about colour and diamonds. Gone are the muted shades of winter and with spring around the corner, colour is back with a bang. Reflecting that, celebrated makeup artist Karen Yiu tracked the latest trends in makeup and fashioned this beauty shoot mirroring the vibrant colours of the season. To add an extra sparkle, we approached the finest luxury watch brands and they sent their hottest lines; all dotted with diamonds! Take a time out with our sizzling beauty shoot.

Producer: P.Ramakrishnan
Photographer: Jonas Lille
Makeup & Styling: Karen Yiu
Model: Bethany T

BEHIND THE SCENE:

I wanted to produce a simple and uncomplicated shoot using watches as props. Ok I lie. I didn’t care for the watches but our readers sure did. Hong Kong/China’s fascination with arm candy (of multiple sorts!) never ends.

This shoot was prepped and planned over the weekend while caffeinating with my favourite model, the oh-so-fine Mz Bethany Taylor. Our philosophy was kiss. Er, Keep It Simple Stupid! So I gathered all my pps for the shoot and the handful of us created this non-corny watch shoot. Watches, model, photographer, makeup and hair. That’s it and a fab eight-page spread came out of it.



Karen Yiu, one of the best in the biz (on the planet), deserves much of the credit as I genuinely believe she took it to another level. Inspired by the patterns and the hues of the watches, she created a makeup colour palette for each of the shots and changed the look of Beth from page to page.

Jonas and I’ve worked together on and off over the past few years and he’s sooooooooo freaking good at what he does. Better to leave him alone to his own vices and devices, every shoot he’s produced for me has been brilliant, way above and beyond what I expected. Will put up the series asap.

A chance encounter at Goccia and Beth and I’ve been friends ever since. My model, my muse, I’ve done more shoots with Beth than any other gal, and you can see why. = o)












BTW the sharp and clear shots are by Jonas! The blurry blurs are by me!

1 comment:

  1. What's with the odd colours in the second one?! Love the third one.

    ReplyDelete